Data Management going home tomorrow


January 15, 2013

Dear Parents and Guardians,

As many of you are aware, just before the holidays we were working on a short unit on Data Management in Math.  I have attached some of the pieces of work that your child completed during the course of the unit to this sheet.  I have also indicated a grade for the unit on this sheet.  As always, the grade is derived from in class work, anecdotal records, work completed with the assistance of technology as well as the samples that you see attached to this letter.

I have listed the I CAN statements for this chapter on the following page.  The I CAN statements represent what your child should have been able to do at the end of the chapter.

Please review this work with your child, sign this letter and then send it back to school so that I can file it for possible reference during our next parent teacher conference.

Regards,

Deanne Burton Snow

 The I CAN statements for this chapter are as follows:

·        I can explain the difference between first hand and second hand data.

·        I can create a question that can be answered using first-hand data.

·        I can explain why my question can be answered using first hand data.

·        I can create a question that can be answered using second-hand data.

·        I can explain why my question can be answered using second-hand data.

·        I can find examples of second-hand data in newspapers, magazines and on the Internet.

·        I can determine the attributes of a double bar graph.

·        I can create a double bar graph with a set of data.

·        I can create a double bar graph using data I have collected.

·        I can answer a question based on information in a double bar graph.

·        I can find examples of double bar graphs used in print and on the Internet.

·        I can solve a problem by constructing a double bar graph and explaining the information in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. John's Recycling

French quiz and notes

Our Plays