Spelling and Math Facts

Today you will see that your child has a list of 20 Spelling words.  This week we are focusing on contractions as they seem to be rather challenging.  We had a pre-test today to assess what the students already know. After the pre-test they highlighted the words on the list that they got incorrect.  Many students knew how to spell words like I'd and I'm, but did not write with a capital letter.  I have some students who are putting capital letters in the middle of words so I am trying to stomp that out as well.

There were also two activities sent home.  The first activity gives a list of sentences and the students need to write the contraction on the line.  The next sheet is meant to be a fun game to play with your child.  You will need two different colored leads or crayons.  You choose a contraction, color it and then find the match over on the side.  You color the matches.  Whoever gets a line of 7 first is the winnner!  I think the students will enjoy playing this with you.

Math Facts!!!  Last week the students began studying their Math facts.  I will return the quiz tomorrow so you can see how your child performed.  Overall they were pretty slow to complete the quiz as it should have been pretty easy.  This week we are moving on to the 3 and 4 facts.  Good Luck, I know it's not easy.  Take a few minutes here and there to review the facts.... a great place is in the car (your audience is confined).

Here are the words for this week, just in case someone forgets to bring it home.
1) can't
2) don't
3) didn't
4) won't
5) hadn't
6) I'll
7) it'll
8) I'm
9) you're
10) we're
11) they're
12) who's
13) there's
14) what's
15) should've
16) I'd
17) we'd
18) let's
19) apostrophe
20) possession

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. John's Recycling

French quiz and notes

Our Plays