Special Objects

Our class is currently reading the novel "Cassandra's Driftwood."  The novel tells the tale of a girl named Cassandra who befriends a piece of driftwood.  Other people think the driftwood is silly, however, she thinks it is very special and it helps her to develop self-confidence.

As a response to our reading each student completed a journal entry detailing an object that they had that other people felt was silly.  Some of the "silly" objects were stuffed animals, hockey sticks and even a favourite pillow.

I told the students about my favourite teddy bear that my Nanny Burton gave me when I was four years old.  Today I brought my special bear to school to meet my class.  I hope you like the photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. John's Recycling

French quiz and notes

Our Plays