St. John's Recycling

Well today history was made for many people in the East End of St. John's.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the blue bags of recycling on my street this morning!  At Mary Queen of Peace we recycle on a regular basis.  We recycle juice containers and our paper.  As a teacher I am trying to do my part by double siding my photocopying more regularly.  I also like to remind my students to use up all the space in their exercise books before they begin a new page.  Part of our Health program this year involves learning about the 3 R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle).  If you have a chance please talk to your child about the importance of recycling.  It is their planet and they are our future!  Have a look at the photo of my recycling below.

As for what was happening in our class today... the friendly letters were continued.  Many thanks to the parents who have already supplied mailing addresses.

Math today was a little rough.  The students are learning how to effectively communicate their Mathematical findings and that is not an easy thing to do.  We will continue to work on this important skill throughout the year.

We also did some sequencing activities in Language Arts.  Please keep an eye on your child's bookbag this Friday as that is when I will be sending a package of reading comprehension items home.  Also, if you would like to help your child improve their reading comprehension skills then you can check out my Links page where I have posted some very good stories that I think the students will find interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French quiz and notes

Our Plays