Terry Fox, Painting Pumpkins and Kenny's Pond

I was told that today was a "fun day" by several of the students.  The positive feedback from my students always makes me feel like my hard work is appreciated. 

We began our day by walking around Kenny's Pond.  The weather was absolutely beautiful with not a breath of wind.  It was the kind of Autumn day that gets people outside and generally makes everyone feel happier.  We enjoyed our walk and took time to watch the somewhat peaceful ducks.

After our walk we came back to school and began our pumpkin painting.  Our current Art activity involves painting shells to look like jack-o-lanterns.  It is a time consuming process since you need two coats of orange, but well worth the effort in the end.  My hope is that this is something that will stand the test of time and will serve as a reminder of their Grade 4 year.

In the afternoon the students watched part of a Terry Fox video.  We are currently studying the Parable of the Good Samaritan in Religion class so we will be discussing how Terry's best friend, Doug, was a Good Samaritan.  I think the students enjoyed the video and now have a deeper appreciation of the Marathon of Hope and Terry's Dream.  I think we will engage in some good discussion about what Terry did and how ordinary people can indeed accomplish extraordinary feats. 

I hope you like the photos of our walk around the pond.  Unfortunately, I can't show any faces so all the shots are back on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. John's Recycling

French quiz and notes

Our Plays